归化是使你成为美国公民的过程。. 入籍面试是当你被美国公民和移民官员质疑时. 这是成为美国公民的重要一步。.
Naturalization is the process that makes you a citizen of the United States of America. The naturalization interview is when you are questioned by a United States Citizenship and Immigration officer. It is an important step in becoming a US citizen.
Before your naturalization interview
面试是成为美国公民过程中的几个步骤之一。. 当你参加面试的时候, 你会检查你是 资格. 您将已经提交 (送) 你 申请表. 此窗体称为 表单 N-400. 您还将完成一个 背景检查.
The interview is one of several steps in the process to become a US citizen. By the time you attend your interview, you will have checked that you are eligible. You will have already submitted (sent) your application form. This form is called Form N-400. You also will have completed a background check.
当所有的文书工作完成后, 美国公民身份和移民服务 (美国移民局) 将发送一个 预约通知. 通知会告诉你面试的日期和时间。. 面试是成为公民的最后一步. 一旦你通过入籍面试, 你将能够成为美国公民.
When all your paperwork is complete, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will send an appointment notice. The notice will tell you the date and time of your interview. The interview is the last step to become a citizen. Once you pass your naturalization interview, you will be able to become a US citizen.
Getting ready for your naturalization interview
The best thing you can do to succeed at your interview is: be prepared!
准备意味着确保你的英语阅读, 口语和写作技巧都足够好. 这也意味着为公民考试做好准备. 如果你还没有准备好, 您可以 注册我们的免费课程 准备考试.
Being prepared means making sure your English reading, speaking and writing skills are good enough. It also means being ready for the Civics test. If you are not ready, you can sign up for our free classes to prepare you for the exam.
Things to bring with you
Being prepared also means having everything you need to take to your interview.
You must bring the following items with you:
- 您的永久性居民身份证或外国人登记卡 (格林卡)
- Your appointment notice
- Your Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Card (Green Card)
- Your driver’s license or state-issued identification card
- All current and expired passports or travel documents
You may also want to bring:
- 列表中的 100 问题 军官会选 10 问题从 (记住, 一些答案, 例如总统的名字, 将改变).
- A copy of your application for your own reference
- A list of the 100 questions that the officer will pick 10 questions from (remember that some of the answers, such as the name of the president, will change).
You are allowed to bring your lawyer if you have one.
您的预约通知将告诉您是否需要带其他文档, 如婚姻或离婚证明书, 税务单据, 或与配偶或子女有关的文件.
Your appointment notice will tell you if you need to bring other documents, such as marriage or divorce certificates, tax documents, or documents to do with your spouse or children.
What will happen at your naturalization interview
Arriving for the interview
一定要确切地知道你要去哪里, 这样你就不会迷路, 迟到了。. 你可能想在预约前一周去办公室看看, 这样你就能准确地知道办公室在哪里, 以及如何到达那里. 很高兴提前半小时到达你的约会. 你需要时间通过安检, 找到合适的办公室和等候区. 还, 如果你在那里有点早, 你会觉得不那么匆忙和紧张.
Make sure to know exactly where you are going so you don’t get lost and arrive late. You might want to go visit the office a week before your appointment so you know exactly where the office is and how to get there. It is good to arrive half an hour early for your appointment. You will need time to go through a security checkpoint and find the right office and the waiting area. Also, if you are there a little early, you will feel less rushed and nervous.
你可能要等一会儿, 直到轮到你了. 您可以利用这段时间查看您的表单或测试问题. 轮到你的时候, 移民局官员会出来叫你的名字. 你会去一个私人办公室. 在你坐下之前, 军官会要求你举起右手, 答应说实话.
You may have to wait for a while until it is your turn. You can use the time to look over your form or test questions. The USCIS officer will come out and call your name when it is your turn. You will go to a private office. Before you sit down, the officer will ask you to raise your right hand and make a promise to tell the truth.
Testing your English speaking skills
面试期间, 警官正在确保你的信息是真实和正确的. 他或她会问很多关于你的申请信息的问题 (表单 N-400). 同时, 他或她正在测试你的英语语言技能。.
During the interview, the officer is making sure your information is true and correct. He or she will ask lots of questions about the information on your application (Form N-400). At the same time, he or she is testing your English language skills.
Some older individuals and some people with health problems or mental disabilities may be able to apply for an exception to the English language requirement. Here is information about who can qualify for an exception.
Background questions and signing forms
警官会问你的背景问题. 他或她可能会问申请表上没有的问题。. 下面是一些你可能会问的问题:
The officer will ask questions about your background. He or she may ask questions that were not on the application form. Here are some types of questions you might be asked:
- 自从你填写表格后, 你出国旅行了吗？?
- 你以前结过婚吗？? 你离婚了吗？?
- 你曾经犯过罪吗？? 你有犯罪记录吗？?
- 你宣誓效忠美国吗？? (你保证做一个好公民吗？?)
- 你曾在军队服役过吗？? 如果你被要求在军队服役的草稿, 你会?
- Have you traveled abroad since you filled out your form?
- Were you ever married before? Have you been divorced?
- Have you ever committed a crime? Do you have a criminal record?
- What organizations do you belong to?
- Do you swear allegiance to the United States? (Do you promise to be a good citizen?)
- Have you ever served in the military? If you were required to serve in the military by draft, would you?
当问题完成后, 您将需要签署一些文件, 包括您的应用程序和您的照片.
When the questions are finished, you will need to sign a few documents, including your application and your photographs.
Civics test, reading and writing skills
大多数人也将不得不对美国历史和政府进行测试。. (老年人或有健康问题或残疾的人也有一些例外. 以下是有关谁可以限定异常的信息.). 面试的这一部分可能是同一个官员, 或者它可能是与不同的人. 它可能首先或在末端.
Most people will also have to take a test on US history and government. (There are some exceptions for older people or people with health issues or disabilities. Here is information about who can qualify for an exception.). This part of the interview may be with the same officer, or it may be with a different person. It could come first or at the end.
在这次考试中, 你必须回答 6 出来的 10 正确的问题关于我们公民. 问题和解答被谈论. 考试中将有一个简短的书面部分来测试你的写作技巧。. 军官会告诉你一个句子写下来. 你还将被要求阅读一个句子.
During this exam, you must answer 6 out of 10 questions correctly about US civics. The questions and answers are spoken. There will be a short written part to the test to test your writing skills. The officer will tell you a sentence to write down. You will also be asked to read a sentence.
Watch a video about the USCIS naturalization interview
这里是一个链接到 入籍指南 视频中提到的. 下载并保留它, 以参考, 因为你通过这个过程. 你所提出的大多数问题都将在指南中得到回答.
Here is a link to the Guide to Naturalization mentioned in the video. Download and keep it to refer to as you go through the process. Most of the questions you have will be answered in the guide.
Read the information on this page, too:
Tips and suggestions
- 从警官向你问好的那起, 他或她正在测试你的英语技能. 一定要讲得仔细清楚.
- 永远讲真话, 不要隐瞒任何信息. 警官可能从其他来源得到了关于你的信息. 如果你不知道答案或不记得, 这样说是可以的. 这也是好的 t如果你不明白什么, 就告诉警察.
- 如果你不讲英语, 设法找时间去你的社区上英语课. 许多地方学院, 图书馆和社区中心提供免费课程. 你可以看看 rco 资源 部分查找类. 或者你可以 在这里找到在线课程.
- 参加美国公民课程, 帮助你通过考试. 如果你想去你所在社区的一个班级, 您可以在这里搜索地点-我们的参考资料部分中列出的许多类都是免费的. 或者您也可以参加我们的免费在线公民课程. 您可以 在这里注册 并开始, 只要你准备好了!
- From the time the officer greets you, he or she is testing your English skills. Be sure to speak carefully and clearly.
- Always tell the truth and do not hold back any information. The officer may have information about you from another source. If you do not know an answer or cannot remember, it is okay to say so. It is also okay to tell the officer if you do not understand something.
- If you do not speak English, try to find time to go to English classes in your community. Many local colleges, libraries and community centers offer free classes. You can look in the RCO Resources section to find classes. Or you can find online classes here.
- Take a US citizenship course to help you pass your test. If you would like to go to a class in your community, you can search for places here – many of the classes listed in our Resources section are free. Or you can take our free online Citizenship class. You can sign up here and begin whenever you are ready!