Do you want to learn how to apply for citizenship?
在你学会如何申请公民资格之前, 你需要找出: 你有资格成为美国公民吗？?
Before you learn how to apply for citizenship, you need to find out: are you eligible to become a US citizen?
在你学会如何申请公民资格之前, 你应该确保你有资格. 为了申请公民权, 您必须通常满足 t他遵循以下要求:
Before you learn how to apply for citizenship, you should make sure you are eligible. In order to apply for citizenship, you must generally meet the following requirements:
- 你必须至少 18 年岁.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You need to have lived in the same location for the past three months.
- 你必须没有重大的犯罪活动. 像交通罚单这样的小罪行是好的, 但你不能被定罪的任何重大罪行. 永远是诚实的, 因为大多数小犯罪是好的, 但如果你对你的应用程序撒谎, 这会使您的应用程序被拒绝. 你甚至可能会被驱逐出境. 如果你被判有罪, 和律师谈话是非常重要的. 他们会让你知道该怎么做.
- You must have no major criminal activity. Small offenses like a traffic ticket are okay, but you cannot be convicted of any major crimes. Always be honest about this because most small crimes are okay but if you lie on your application, this can make your application get rejected. You might even get deported. If you have been convicted of a crime, it is very important to talk to a lawyer. They will let you know what to do.
- 你必须学习和了解美国政府, 经济, 和历史, 以便您可以通过公民考试.
- You must study and learn about the United States government, economy, and history so that you can pass the Civics exam.
- 你必须能够阅读, 写, 用英语说和听. 残疾人或超过残疾人的人也有一些例外 50 在美国生活了很长时间.
阅读附件 d 中有关老年人和残疾人的例外情况
- You must be able to read, write, speak and listen in English. There are some exceptions for disabled people or people over 50 who have lived in the United States for a long time.
Read about the exceptions for older and disabled people years old in Attachment D
- The official information from the United States Government will tell you if you are eligible.
Fill in the worksheet to see if you are eligible to apply for citizenship.
How to apply for citizenship
申请公民权可能会很混乱. 如果可能的话, 我们建议你有一个律师帮助你.
Applying for citizenship can be very confusing. If possible, we recommend you have a lawyer help you.
1. 第一步是完成表单 N-400. 你必须包括许多文件与申请, 你也必须支付费用. 这里是 链接到你需要的东西 在邮寄 N-400 应用程序时包括. 您必须包括两张护照照片与您的申请. 记得在这些照片的背面写上你的 "A 号". 有些人可以申请减免费用, 所以你不必支付费用. 如果你在没有律师的情况下填写你的文件, 免费网站 CitizenshipWorks.org 将帮助您完成您的申请. 他们将审查它, 看看你是否有任何问题.
1. The first step is to complete the form N-400. You have to include many papers with the application and you also have to pay the fee. Here is a link to the things you need to include when you mail your N-400 application. You have to include two passport photos with your application. Remember to write your “A-number” on the back of these photos. Some people can apply for a fee waiver so you do not have to pay the fee. If you are filling out your paperwork without a lawyer, the free website CitizenshipWorks.org will help you to complete your application. They will review it to see if you have any problems.
2. 您将收到一封收据, 说移民局收到您的申请. 保留此项并记下13位数的收据号码. 拿一张你手机上收据的照片, 给自己发电子邮件, 确保你不会失去它。. 您可以使用收据编号来检查 您在移民局网站上的申请情况.
2. You will receive a letter of receipt that says USCIS received your application. Keep this and write down the 13-digit receipt number. Take a photo of the receipt on your phone and email it to yourself to make sure you don’t lose it. You can use the receipt number to check the status of your application on the USCIS website.
- 申请公民身份通常是费用 $725. 你可能会得到一个费用减免. 放弃意味着你将不必支付. 这取决于你赚了多少钱, 住在哪里.
- Applying for citizenship usually costs $725. You may be able to get a fee waiver. A waiver means that you will not have to pay. It depends on how much you make and where you live.
3. 完成您的生物识别筛选. 这是安全检查. 你将被要求去办公室在某一天和时间. 一定要去赴约, 按时到达。! 在约会, 他们会拿走你的指纹. 这意味着他们将盖章你的指纹和运行的照片, 通过一个系统, 以确保你不是一个罪犯.
3. Complete your biometric screening. This is a security check. You will be asked to go to an office at a certain day and time. Make sure to go to this appointment and to arrive on time! At the appointment, they will take your fingerprints. This means they will stamp your fingerprints and run the picture through a system to make sure you are not a criminal.
4. 完成与美国公民和移民官员的面谈. 了解有关 归化访谈.
4. Complete an interview with a United States Citizenship and Immigration Officer. Learn more about the Naturalization interview.
5. You will also have to take a Civics exam on US history and government. On this exam, you must answer 6 out of 10 questions correctly about US Civics, History and Government. You can take our citizenship practice quiz to see if you are ready for the exam. If you are not ready, you can join our free citizenship class to prepare you for the exam.
6. 您将收到移民局关于您的申请的书面决定. 你可能会收到你的决定, 在你的面试当天或你可能会收到它以后的邮件. 该决定将说, 如果你的申请是:
6. You will receive a written decision from USCIS about your application. You might receive your decision on the day of your interview or you might receive it later in the mail. The decision will be say if your application was:
- 授予 (这意味着你通过了!)
- 继续 (这意味着移民局正在对你做更多的研究, 或者意味着你可能在英语或公民考试中失败了。. 你可以再拿一次)
- 否认 (这意味着移民局决定你没有资格入籍. 如果发生这种情况, 你也许可以请愿。)
- Granted (this means you passed!)
- Continued (this means USCIS is doing more research about you or it means you might have failed the English or Civics exams. You can take them again.)
- Denied (this means USCIS decided you are not eligible for naturalization. If this happens, you may be able to petition.)
如果你真的通过了, 你将准备好完成你的公民仪式并宣誓效忠. 这意味着你宣誓效忠美国.
If you did pass, you will be ready to complete your citizenship ceremony and take the Oath of Allegiance. This means you pledge loyalty to the USA.
如果您对此过程有疑问, 有组织你可以调用. 这些组织提供一些新人语言的建议.
If you have questions about the process, there are organization you can call. These organization offer advice in some newcomer languages.
我们希望这有助于回答您关于如何申请公民资格的问题。. 报名参加我们的免费公民准备课程. 你可以把他们带到网上, 地方, 随时!
We hoped this helped answer your question about how to apply for citizenship. Sign up below to take our free citizenship preparation classes. You can take them online, anywhere, anytime!