BARO XUQUUQDAADA QAXOOTINIMO MARAYKANKA GUDIHIISA
Refugees, immigrants, lawful permanent residents (green card holders) and US citizens all deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. In the USA, we all have rights. This information is to help you know your rights. At the bottom of this page, you will find links to this information in Nepali, Somali, French and Arabic.
BARO XUQUUQDAADA QAXOOTINIMO MARAYKANKA GUDIHIISA.
Warbixinta ku qoran warqadaan waxaa loogu talagalay in aay ku barto xuquuqdaada. Ma ahan in aan uqaadatid talo sharciyeeysan. Ulajeedadeyna waxaa waaye in aan dad diyaarino oo aysan cabsanin. Haddii aad umaleyneesid in lacarqaladeeyay xuquuqdaada , waa in aad la hadashid qareen. Hadii aad adiga ama qoyskaaga ubaahantihiin caawin deg deg ah, fadlan wac 911.
- Non-U.S. citizens, including lawful permanent residents, refugees and asylees, generally have the same rights as citizens.
- If you believe your rights have been violated, you should talk to a lawyer.
- If you or your family members are ever in need of emergency assistance, immediately call 911.
Waxaan kunoolnahay marxalado adag. Ficiladi ka dhan ahaa qaxootiga iyo dib udejinta qaxootiga ee Mareykanka waxaay abuurtay cabsi iyo walaac. Sida aay xaqiijisay Maxkamad, qof walbo xuquuq ayuu leeyahay sida qaxootiga, dadka magangalyo doonka ah,dadka reer guuraaga ah, dadka haysta green cardka ama kaarka cagaaran, dadka deegaanka ah iyo dadka aan haysanin sharciga. Waxaan mudanahay in nala xushmeeyo si sharaf leh ayada oo aan la eegeynin Meesha aan kasoo jeedno iyo sida aan utukano. Dhamaanteen xuquuq ayaan leenahay. Qoraalkan waxaa loogu talagalay in in aay qaxootiga ka helaan warbixin muhiim ah ee ku aadan xuquuqdooda taaso jawaab u ah marxaladaha adag ee soo wajahay bulshadeena. Qoraalkan looguma talagalin in uu abuuro cabsi laga cabsanayo xubnaha sharciga ee dowlada. Waa muhiin in la fahmo ilaha gargaarka deg dega ah sida (Booliska, waaxda caafimaadka iyo dabdamiska) kuwaas oo diyaar uah in aay caawiyaan qof walbo. Haka shakinin in aad wacdid 911 xili kasto ee kula soo gudboonaato arin deg deg ah.
We are living in difficult times. Recent actions against refugee resettlement, refugees and immigrants in the United States have created fear and concerns for many. Everyone has rights, including refugees, asylum seekers, asylees, immigrants, lawful permanent residents (green card holders), U.S. citizens, and individuals in the United States without status.
We all deserve to be treated with dignity and respect, regardless of where we are from or how we pray. We all have rights. This resource is meant to provide refugees with urgently needed information. You must know your rights in response to the important issues facing our communities. This resource is not intended to create fear of law enforcement entities. It is important to understand that emergency service personnel (police, medical personnel, and firefighters) are available to help any person in an emergency. Always call 911 in an emergency. Know your rights – refugee rights.
Bishi Janaayo 27 deedi ee 2017, Madaxweyne Trump waxaa uu saxiixay amar madaxweyne kasoo joojinaayo dib udejinta qaxootiga ilaa afar bilood iyo joojinta qaxootiga dalka Suuriya ilaa iyo wakhti aan la cayimin. Waxaa kale oo ku qornaa amarka madaxweynaha mamnuucida dadka kasoo jeedo todobo wadan oo Muslin ah sida- Iran, Ciraaq, Liibiya, Soomaaliya, Sudan, Suuriya iyo Yemen in aay soo galaan wadanka Mareykanka. Waxaa kale oo la yareeyay tiradi qaxootiga ee wadanka la keenayo oo laga dhigay 50,000 oo qof sanadkan taaso waliba lagusoo xulaayo diin. Hase ahaatee maxkamad ee dowlada fadaraalka ayaa dhahday qeeybo kamid ah amarka madaxweynaha waa sharci daro. Maxkamadi waxa aay joojisay si kumeelgaar ah amaradi ku qornaa amarka madaxweynaha. Qeeybaha aay diiday oo aay joojisay maxkamada ayaa ah 120 ki beri ee la joojiyay qaxootiga, joojinti soo galitaanki dadka kasoo jeedan 7di wadan oo aan soo sheegnay iyo joojinti soo galitaanki dadka kasoo jeedo Suuriya. Xaalaada xili walbo ayey isbadali kartaa maxaa yeelay arinti waxaa la geeynaayaa maxkamada sare ee Mareykanka. Waxaa kale oo uu madaxweynaha saxiixay amar lagu xoojinaayo socdaalka oo dib loo celinayo dadka sharci la’aanta ah. Kuwaas oo daba socdo hadal haynti xiligi ololaha ee doorashada.
Your rights at home
Maxaa igu dhici doono qaxooti ahaan amarka madaxeynaha kadib.
What if federal agents come to my home to talk to me?
Haddii hada aad tahay qaxooti jooga dalka Mareykanka, amarka madaxweynaha kuguma yeelanayo wax saameyn ah. Weli waxaa aad leedahay xuquudaadi sharciyeesnayd. Waxaa codsan kartaa kaarka cagaaran ama green kaarka hal sano kadib. Sdioo kale waxaa aad codsan kartaa baasaboorka 5 sano kadib. Laakin aad kasoo jeedid 7di wadan oo lagu mamnuucay amarka madaxweynaha, fikrad fiican ma ahan in aad safartid wakhtigan oo aad usafartid dalka Mareykanka banaankiisa. Waa in aad tashatid qareen socdaal si aad uheshid warbinxin dheeraad ah. therefugeecenter.org/how-will-president-trumps-executive-order-affect-refugees/.
There have been reports of agents from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and/or the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) visiting refugees’ homes to talk to them.
Laakiin walwalaa oo aan?
Here is what you can do if someone tries to enter your home:
Amarka madaxweynaha waxaa uu kala hakiyay isu imaashihii qoysaaska ku kala nool dibadaha. Maadama uusan waxba udhimaynin qaxootiga horay ujoogay wadanka, waa muhiim in la dhoowro sharciga wadanka. Ma ahan in aan ka walwashid xuquuqdada qaxootinimo. Maadama aay qaxootiga ku xuquuqyihiin dadka deegaanka ah oo baasaboorka haysta marka aay joojiyaan booliska, suaalo, xarig ama rabaan in aay baaraan gurigaada, dambiyo yar yar ayaa sababi karo in lagaa qaado sharcigaaga. Haddii aad sugaysay in dib udejin lasiiyo reerkaaga waxaa aay qaadaneysaa mudo dheer laakin weli waxaa aay heestaan fursadi aay kucodsan lahaayeen dib udejin.
Do not open the door
Ka waran haddii aay imadaan wakiilo fadaraal ah gurigeyga si aay iila hadlaan?
Do not speak
Call a lawyer
Aamusnoow: wax walbo oo aad ku hadashid waxaa loo isticmaalayaa cadeyn maxkamada dhaxdeeda. Mareykanka waxaad xaq uleedahay in aad aamustid waxaadna ku dhahdaa FBI da “waxaan tiigsanayaa qodobka 5naad ee sharciga mana hadlaayi”
Do not sign anything
XUQUUQDAADA KU AADAN SAFARKA
Ma usafri karaa wadanka Mareykanka banaankiisa aniga oo haysta green kaar?
Remember: you have the right to choose not to answer any questions.
Your right to travel
Can I still travel outside of the USA with refugee status or a green card?
We recommend individuals from six countries – Syria, Iran, Sudan, Somalia, Yemen and Libya – do not travel at this time, unless it is extremely urgent or an emergency.
- There is a high risk of traveling outside the USA for individuals who do not have US citizenship.
- If you or your loved ones are outside the USA and are planning to return, you should contact an attorney here in the USA before embarking on your journey. The person traveling should make sure to have all their documents, including a passport, green card, or refugee travel document.
- Refugees who do not have a green card or US citizenship should not travel outside of the USA at this time for any reason, even if you are not from the six named countries.
- Law enforcement officers at the airport and at port of entries have the authority to conduct a “routine search” of all luggage and to ask you questions about your citizenship and travel itinerary. If you are selected for a secondary interview at the airport, you have the right to ask for a lawyer. Many lawyers are making themselves available free of charge for this purpose.
- If you or someone you know is detained, you can email the International Refugee Assistance Project (IRAP) at firstname.lastname@example.org, call your local ACLU, and report your or others’ experience to the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).
XUQUUQDAADA KU AADAN IN AAD AMNI UGU NOOLATID BULSHADAADA.
Ka waran haddii aan noqdo qof kudhiban gurigiisa ama dariskiisa?
Remember: If you do travel, you will need to bring your documents with you.
Your right to be safe in your community
What if I am a victim of harassment in my home or neighborhood?
- Your refugee status grants you legal status in the United States, and you have the right to receive the same treatment as US citizens.
- Your local police are there to serve you as a member of the community and protect you when you need it. If you are the victim of a crime, you should immediately call the police: 911.
- If you feel that you are in danger, or if someone is making threats against you or your family, do not try to talk to them or confront them. You should immediately call the police by dialing 911.
- If you are worried about your safety, talk to someone at your refugee resettlement agency or to a lawyer.
- If you believe you or someone you know has been a victim of a crime or discriminated against because of your religion, nationality, or group membership, you should also report it to the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC).
Maku dhaqmi karaa diintayda cabis la’aan oo laii dhibaateeyo?
Remember: call 911 if you or someone you know is in danger.
Waxaad leedahay xuquuq dastuuri ah oo ah in aad ku dhaqmi kartid diintaada. Waxaad xaq uleedahay in aad aadid meelaha wax lagu caabudo, in aad dhagaysatid muxaadaro ama aad ka qeeyb qaadatid arimo bulshadeed ama in aad kutukatid meelaha dadweeynaha.
Your right to practice your religion
Can I practice my faith without any fear of being victimized?
DADKA SHARCIGA HAYSTO OO LAGU SOO OOGAY DAMBIGA.
You have a constitutional right to practice your religion. You have the right to go to a place of worship, attend and hear sermons and religious lectures, participate in community activities, and pray in public. If you experience religious discrimination or are targeted because of religion, contact the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR).
Dambiyada yar yar waxaa aay sababi karaan in dib loo caliyo dadka aanan haysanin baasaboorka.
Remember: the law is on your side to protect you.
Your right to advocate for your community
As a refugee, you are a very important advocate. Your voice can have a great impact because you are a refugee. You have the right to:
- Call and meet with elected officials in your town, state, and in Congress to develop a relationship, educate them about your contribution to the community, and seek their support for refugee resettlement and issues you care about.
- Share your story as a refugee to help transform the public narrative about refugees.
- Join diverse voices such as resettlement staff, faith leaders, employers, military veterans, other refugee leaders, and supportive community members to take action together.
XUQUUQDAADA HADDII UU KU SUAALO WAKIIL FBI AH
Remember: your voice matters.
Wakiilada FBI waxaa laga yaabaa in aay kaa dalbadan in aay kula hadlaan. Waxaad xuquuq uleedahay in aad diidid laakin waxaa laga yaabaa in aay kaa shakiyaan. Kala hadal qareen ama hayadaada dib udejinta qaxootiga hadaka ka hor. Haddii aad ogolaatid in aad la hadashid ama ku waraaystaan:
Lawful permanent residents who are accused of crimes
If you are not yet a citizen and you are arrested or accused of a crime, make sure your lawyer understands your immigration status because minor offenses can result in deportation for non-US citizens. Pleading guilty as part of a plea bargain can jeopardize your legal status and could eventually lead to removal.
If you have a criminal conviction on your record, it is recommended that you contact a lawyer to understand all your options. If you are able to get a “set aside” or “expunge” your conviction, this could clear your record, but the laws are different in each state, so it is best to consult a lawyer about these questions.
Remember: talk to a lawyer if you are accused of even a minor crime.
Your rights if you are interviewed by a federal agent
Agents from the FBI or DHS may seek to talk with you. You have the right to decline to be interviewed, but this can be viewed with suspicion. Talk to your lawyer or representative from your resettlement agency first about the interview request.
If you agree to an interview, you have the right to have an attorney present.
LASOCO DUUBISTA VIDOOWGA EE ILAALADA SHARCIGA
- You can choose the time and place for the interview.
- You can request to know what the questions will be at the interview and have an interpreter present.
- Do not give any false information during your interview. You do not have to answer all the questions you are asked, if you are not comfortable.
- If you are waiting for your family member to be resettled to the U.S., it may take longer, but they still have the same opportunity to apply for resettlement.
Remember: you MUST NOT give false information during your interview. It will be considered a criminal offense and may result in negative consequences.
Be aware of law enforcement surveillance
QAABKA AAD UGU OLOEYN KARTID BULSHADAADA
Amarka madaxweynaha waxaa uu saameeyay qoysas badan oo qaxooti ah. Qaxooti ahaan waxaad tahay ololo muhiim ah ee bulshadada. Codkaaga waxaa uu leeyahay muhiim weyn. Qaxooti ahaan waxaad xaq uleedahay;
- Covert surveillance is when the individual is not able to detect someone gathering information on them. This can be done by following the individual from a distance, searching through garbage receptacles left of public property, and using microphones to listen in on conversations.
- Overt surveillance is visible and is what is being most frequently reported by refugee communities. This type of surveillance can be accomplished by knocking on doors and asking questions, openly talking to neighbors, etc.
- Electronic surveillance focuses on monitoring internet, website pages, and using listening devices. Overall, surveillance is a legal process used by local, state, and federal law enforcement. The specific laws and regulations vary from state to state and it is advised to speak with a lawyer if you feel you are under surveillance.
Monitoring of internet activities
There is often a generation gap between how parents are accustomed to using the internet and how children or youth use social media. Talk to your children and teenagers about what are appropriate internet sites to visit and what you expect them to avoid. Monitor your children and teenagers’ activity online and encourage them not to visit websites or participate in online activity that could be perceived as problematic. Consider setting guidelines ahead of time or even using software that can restrict their use. There are apps you can use to help parents track their children’s cell phone activities.
MACLUUMAAD DHEERAAD AH
Waxaa jiro hay’ado badan kuwaas oo bixiyo warbixino muhiim ah oo ku saabsan xuquuqdada iyo sidi aad qoyskaaga iyo bulshadada ugu dhigi lahayd amaan. Waxaa kale oo jira hadalo been ah oo kasoo baxayo baraha interneedka kuwaasoo faaiideeysanayo qaxootiga. Fadlan hubso in aad raadsatid warbixin laisku hubo qaasatan marka aad ka raadsaneysid warbixin online. Qaar kamid ah warbixinada fiican oo muhiim ah waxaa ka mid ah:
Remember: it is important to be careful about what websites you visit. Do not visit sites with extremist views because the government could think you are connected to terrorism.
Additional information and resources
There are many organizations that offer helpful information and resources about your rights and ways to keep yourself, your family, and your community safe. Unfortunately, there are also rumors and false information circulating on social media and online communities, as well as scams that seek to take advantage of refugees and other immigrants. Please make sure that you seek information from credible sources, especially when searching for information online.
Thank you to Church World Service for preparing these materials to help refugees KNOW YOUR RIGHTS.
- The International Refugee Assistance Project
- Immigrant Defense Project
- Informed Immigrant
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Council on American-Islamic Relations
- Customs & Border Protection
- Refugee resettlement offices by state
- Map of immigration legal service providers
- For schools
- For non-profit organizations
Waad ku mahadsan tahay in ay Church World Service diyaarinta qalabkan si ay u caawiyaan qaxootiga OGTAHAY XUQUUQDAADA – QAXOOTIGA XUQUUQDA. Waxaad kala soo bixi kartaa macluumaadkan sida PDF ka Greateras1.org.